Audio Server Software

Lonelobo

I'm having issues with every audio server I have tried. I have both windoze and macs. Same problems seem to happen with both platforms. I have tried SqueezeServer, iTunes, and JRiver with varying degrees of dissatisfaction.

I am ripping with Exact Audio Copy. EAC finds all the track info and cover art and seems to work just dandy. I then use the server software to import from the directory where I am saving the wave files. Then, no matter which server program I use, all I am shown is a giant directory with the individual tracks from everything I have ripped all jumbled up together. Albums are not organized, artwork is not showing up and in general none of the filters for music or artist or genre work either. I'm at my wits end (short trip) trying to figure out how any of the software is supposed to keep my music organized.

I also have a ton of podcasts and only itunes seems to be able to tell them from albums or playlists. they seem to confuse the hell out of all the other server software.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't found a great method for organizing and distributing it all either, not without spending big bucks.

I'm now working with jRiver and it does seem to be the best so far.

I'll be doing some more testing tomorrow and reading up on the JRiver forums. I'm trying to avoid building a media server, trying to use an existing NAS.

I've not seen the problem you have tho, with all the files not grouping? And this isn't hard, generally uses the album name and album artist. Is it possible the album artist field is being left blank?