new comer to the community

kktg06

• Moderators

Welcome

The only big problem that may come up is the Polk may be less efficient, need more power to get to the same volume, I don't know what the rating is on them compared to the quintet's.

I have some of the older Quintets here, cool little speakers, good sound for such a small speaker not much bigger than bose but sound MUCH better.

You may be able to adjust to make them volume match, a DB meter would help out alot with this, "to me" it's the best was to set all the speakers anyway. The different speakers may sound a little different but it might not be a problem, that's for you to decide when you listen.

Have fun [Y]

• Moderators

It's always best to have your best speakers across the front 3, whatever you think is the best considering your budget should be the front 3. The others are not as important as the front, a perfect situation is all the same but is not always possible.

It's always best to have your best speakers across the front 3, whatever you think is the best considering your budget should be the front 3. The others are not as important as the front, a perfect situation is all the same but is not always possible.

You are doing a great job with this "new commer." Excellent job of having great patience.

thinking about s 20 for surround

Those are pretty expensive surrounds for a budget. Have you found a pair for a good price?

You could buy a pair of Heresy's for less than those, used of course. The great thing about Heresy's are you can always sell them if you are not happy. Check them out...