S/PDIF connection

Machihuis

I have an Epson MovieMate 62 to which I want to connect a ProMedia 2.1 speaker system. Come to find out the MovieMate's only audio out connection is digital coaxial audio (S/PDIF) or orange port. Is there an adaptor I can use to make the projector and the ProMedia compatible? The MovieMate's audio system is weak and I'd really like to be able to get the much better sound quality the ProMedia 2.1 puts out. Help!

Come to find out the MovieMate's only audio out connection is digital coaxial audio (S/PDIF) or orange port

I think that you may have a problem.

I had a similar issue with only S/PDIF coaxial, S/PDIF fiber, and DVI inputs on my AVP (i.e., no HDMI): I eventually had to buy another AVP to solve the problem. The manufacturers are forced to cripple these connections by the MPAA and RIAA lobbies so that they cannot handle full bit streams (audio and video). The AVP in question was Outlaw Audio Model 970.

Chris

This will do 5.1 s/pdif to stereo analog out.

• Converts S/PDIF or TOSLINK digital audio to L/R analog audio

• Digital interpolation filter and digital to analog converter (DAC)

• Supports up to 6 channels (up to 5.1 Surround) of audio encoded in Dolby Digital

• Auto samples at frequencies of 32, 44.1, 48 KHz

• 24-bit incoming bitstream on left and right channels

• Allows listening to digital audio sources on legacy analog sound systems

http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/audio-converters-extenders/analog-to-digital-digital-to-analog/digital-to-analog-decoder-gtv-dd-2-aa/prodGTVDD2AA.html

I'm not sayin' the DAC is any good, but it might be what you want.

Bruce