nad 7600 r ch out

jess28

hi i have a nad 7600 right channel isnt working,i figured a relay problem so disconected the jumpers and decided to try just the preamp section same problem.

this thing sounds amazing with my adcom 555 blows my dads onkyo 705 im currently using out of the water even with just the one channel

anbody have any ideas on what it cdould be and if it could be fixed at home.

i've been through the manual got it balanced have all the right buttons pushed

i also have a chance to get a adcom gtp 450 for 90 bucks which i really dont want to spend if i dont have to as i have no experience with that pre

Hey Jess, That is kind of strange.

Did you look for fuses that may be blown? You may have to open the unit up to look for internal fuses.

Did you try unplugging the unit for 10 minutes? Sometimes this resets the unit. Or holding in the power button for 10 seconds or whatever the manual suggests for a reboot to factory specs.

Are all wire and cables connected at both ends, ie.. CD player, Computer, Speaker, etc...?

Keep us posted,

Dennie

i also have a chance to get a adcom gtp 450 for 90 bucks which i really dont want to spend if i dont have to as i have no experience with that pre

Even though I do love the NAD sound, the Adcom GTP-450 is a fine preamp/tuner IMO. I had one mated to a B&K 200w/ch amp powering my RF-63's in 2-channel and the sound was very nice. Lots of detail and a very good onboard tuner.

The GTP-450 for $90.00 is a very good deal. Try it out while the NAD gets repaird and sell it if you want and pocket a little extra $$$.

Bill

Bill

yeah everyone i have talked to thinks its weired too.

i've been online trying to figure out the fctory reset no such luck,will try holding down the power button

already opened it found the preamp section no luck finding any fuses

i would love to get this thing working

cant find any schematics to let me know where i could find the fuse