EV T350 vs k77 - sell or keep -

OO1

I am curious about the EV T350 versus the K77 alnico or M , this tweeter is so much bigger - I just remembered that I had a pair unused in 30 plus years - time to play them or sell them thanks for any info -

that is very right indeed on both counts , 12khz is normal for most of us - the higher levels are not warranted by current health standards - one is better to care of his hearing , I second fritz on that wise statement -

so much for the worlds best tweeter - the EV t350 is considered as one of the best ever made -

I would say the the voil coil in the EV T-350 is one of the most popular ever used. It's the same voice coil used in the the ST-350A (square mag w/4 screws) , ST-350B (round mag with 3 screws), T-35A, T-35B, K-77/77F/77D, wolverine tweeters, motorola tweeters, university sound tweeters, etc.

I like the sound of the klipsch k-70-g, it's more detailed and a lot cheaper, 75 bucks each for the driver section.

so much for the worlds best tweeter - the EV t350 is considered as one of the best ever made -

I would say the the voil coil in the EV T-350 is one of the most popular ever used. It's the same voice coil used in the the ST-350A (square mag w/4 screws) , ST-350B (round mag with 3 screws), T-35A, T-35B, K-77/77F/77D, wolverine tweeters, motorola tweeters, university sound tweeters, etc.

And, seems to me after testing the results of around 20 attempts to reproduce that diaphragm by aftermarket companies, perhaps nobody will ever make one that comes close to the quality of the ones made by the contractor for EV. There is still some hope, I guess, that someone can do it, but, does not look good at this point. I got two more samples last week and rejected both of them after testing.

Bob Crites

Agree on the loose coils with the flat 1/16 or so leads. these work excellent, klipsch Part No 127126. wonder who made them. they have very fine round leads. I think it's all in the thinness of the solder leads.

post-22082-1381969130437_thumb.png

Agree on the loose coils with the flat 1/16 or so leads. these work excellent, klipsch Part No 127126. wonder who made them. they have very fine round leads. I think it's all in the thinness of the solder leads.

Those are the only ones currently available that even work reasonably well. I have those in stock. Of course they do not help any of the people needing diahragms for the T-350. Also, using them on the early alnico versions of the K-77 or T-35 requires discarding the metal diaphragm housing from those tweeters and replacing with the plastic.

They were made for a certain individual here in the US by a company in the Philippines. The only way they will make them is pre-installed in the plastic housings. That is because they do not want to have to work out a lead that can be handled outside a factory like was developed for EV. That is the copper beryllium flat leads that were on the OEM diaphragms. That lead allowed the power rating to be increased from 2 watts to 5 watts. Also, putting them in the plastic cups allows each diaphragm to be tested on a driver. Last I heard, failure rate was around 20 percent in that testing.

Bob Crites

The T350s are going for $500 - $700 / pair on ebay. If you think the T35 is better, go ahead and sell the. I personally love the T3500s I got here from this forum. In fact I just picked up a second set to use with my other High Frequency challenge speakers.

Some of the T-350s use a 16 ohm diaphragm and some use an 8 ohm. The ST350 A uses an 8 ohm. The diaphragms are all the same physical size. The early T-350s using the 16 ohm diaphragm are extremely hard to rebuild unless you have a diaphragm alignment jig to use.

Bob Crites