Please recommend a good modern receiver for Klipsch Heresy 1 speakers.

mis2rdr7

I have a pair of Vintage Klipsch Heresy 1 speakers. Could someone recommend a modern 5.1 receiver for these speakers that is not too expensive. I initially will be using only these 2 speakers, but may add additional speakers in the future. I would like ipod compatibility and hdmi inputs. Thanks for you help.

Heresy's are very easy to drive so just about anything will do. If you are not using them with a subwoofer, you'll want something that allows you to EQ the main speakers separately to get better bass response. Having around 100wpc for the mains should be more than enough. That brings in a lot of choices from makers like HK, Pioneer, Yamaha, and many others. The only brand I'd avoid is Sony, which I've found to no longer make reliable equipment.

I've moved to Yamaha. There are some good deals to be found on last year's models.IPod connectivity will vary. some models need an adapter. some now have USB connection. some have internet connections and can find all our tunes on your computer.