Some extra MMPH to the speakers...

sanjiyan69

Those will be a definate improvement over your F1s and C1.

Powering your mains and center with a seperate, dedicated amp is a good thing. That Onkyo has Preouts so all you need is an amp and a few RCA connectors. The Onkyo can then do the surrounds on its own just fine. Your model receiver boasts 135 watts per channel. I don't know how Onkyo is rating that, and if an external would make a big difference. Never owned Onkyo, so I don't know if their power ratings are inflated or not.

As far as what amp to get....many here have their favorites. I use a Sunfire Cinema Grand, 5 channels at 200 watts each. NAD, Emotiva, and Bryston come to mind.

Where do you live? Maybe there is another Forum member close to you that can bring an amp over. That way you can see if this is something you'd like to pursue further.

Those will be a definate improvement over your F1s and C1.

Powering your mains and center with a seperate, dedicated amp is a good thing. That Onkyo has Preouts so all you need is an amp and a few RCA connectors. The Onkyo can then do the surrounds on its own just fine. Your model receiver boasts 135 watts per channel. I don't know how Onkyo is rating that, and if an external would make a big difference. Never owned Onkyo, so I don't know if their power ratings are inflated or not.

As far as what amp to get....many here have their favorites. I use a Sunfire Cinema Grand, 5 channels at 200 watts each. NAD, Emotiva, and Bryston come to mind.

Where do you live? Maybe there is another Forum member close to you that can bring an amp over. That way you can see if this is something you'd like to pursue further.

Yeah I figured that the Onkyo should power the RS-52 with no problem. It was Willand on here first suggested using an external amp to power up the speakers. Maybe I can power up both RF-83 and RC-64 together and have my RW-12 go along with everything else. My neighbors will probably hate me.

I live in Grand Rapids MI about 3 hours away from chicago/detroit. As far as I know ChipByrd lives 30 min away from me. I don't know him though.

I checked out Emotiva XPA-3 and it seems like something that would work for me since I'm only interested in driving the LCR. Not many people are letting them go lol

Found one.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/emotiva-xpa-3-200-wpc-x-3

Another option would be these.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/2843835029.html

Use them all or use three for your front soundstage and sell two and recoupe about $200.00.

They are little powerhouses.

Bill

Don't let the 125 watts/channel for the MA-500's cloud your thinking, they bench test much better. I have used them in many configurations and they have happily met any challenge I have thrown at them. They also run cool and quiet.

Some here on the forum have used them with RF-7ii's with great results.

Bill