calculating riser angles

Guest " "

anyone have a quick and dirty way of calculating riser angles. Risers will be for Belle's. Stock is 2" all around. Room is 16ft X 14ft with speakers on the long wall and listen position against the opposite long wall. Will be taking off the stock risers and making a new set. Cornwall or LaScala been there and done it measurements would probably be good too.

This is a 6 inch riser I made for my La Scalas. The only calculation I did was to raise the speaker enough that the tweeter was a my ear level while sitting on my couch. I really seems to help with imaging and had no negative effect on bass.

post-28706-13819693418124_thumb.jpg

Speakerfritz, congrats on your new Belle purchase!!!! I think it is a matter of your space, where you sit, ideal placement relative to your room.( wall and floor density included) I have seen people who have raised some very expensive speakers above the manufacturers original height design because of their spaces and tastes. Remember also, it is about saving materials from their perspective.....Good luck!!!

ok, so I' thinking 2" in the front and 1.5" in the back. So I'm going to remove the existing riser, cut some 2"x1's abd 1.5"X1's and position them in place to get a sense of it. if it works ok, then I'll make some perm risers with that angle.

I took one of the Belle plans from the forum and tilted the side view 2 degrees and that looked to be about 3/4 inch higher in the front, then tilted another 2 degrees (4 degrees total) and that looks like an inch and a half up in the front. I am not sure either look right (other than stock but I am not looking at it. I tried porting my Belle and it was up 10 and 3/4. this only lasted about a month and is back to sitting on the hatch, the downstairs Belle is on the stock 2 inch riser.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/156073/1646817.aspx#1646817

post-42841-13819693504198_thumb.jpg