Home Theater Upgrades?

Turnyface

My budget is far from unlimited - I only wish. I am comfortable spending around $14,000 - $15,000 on a new setup. When looking at the cinema setup (I'm assuming the THX Ultra2), it's not very appealing to me. On top of that, I've only had he opportunity to audition the reference line (RF7, RF 82, etc.) and know I enjoy the sound signature. Though, if the cinema speakers are hands down noticeably better, I'm willing to consider them as an option. With this information, are there any recommendations on an ideal setup including the electronics to power the speakers?

My budget is far from unlimited - I only wish. I am comfortable spending around $14,000 - $15,000 on a new setup. When looking at the cinema setup (I'm assuming the THX Ultra2), it's not very appealing to me.

No, I meant this line:

http://www.klipsch.com/cinema-speakers

Not pretty! Although the Jubilee can be made pretty with veneer on the front.

I went used Heritage myself, but I love the look. Well under your budget purchased used.

dsc_0703cr.jpg

If you dont like the look of the thx you'll prolly really dislike the cinema stuff. Look up klipsch jubilee. They are not attractive at all in my opinion as they are made for theaters where they are hidden. You can call mike at acoustic sound design for the best deal in reference stuff. Not sure if they carry palladium. But for your price you could swing all new top of the line rf series. Separates and maybe a descent screen with projector. Or if you want used you could get much more. But I have only purchased a couple things used. But I would rather purchase new anyway of the week. Lots will disagree with me. But something about having new that makes me much more comfortable.

If you dont like the look of the thx you'll prolly really dislike the cinema stuff. Look up klipsch jubilee. They are not attractive at all in my opinion as they are made for theaters where they are hidden. .

This was not made to be hidden:

jub1.jpg

The Jubilee was meant by PWK as the flagship replacement of the Klispchorn... for the home.

Congratulations on your bonus...

Check out or call Sound Distributor! They are Klipsch authorized dealer. In past couple of years I have observed few of Klipshers talking about them. If you choose to get RF-7 IIs then also get RC-64 II as a center channel. Also ask for pallet shipping as RF-7 IIs are heavy and each weights approximately 100lb.

Good luck in your quest for a great HT!