upgrade time!

jct

First post so please dont blast me haha. I have a pair of RB35s as fronts for an ht setup. i would like to upgrade and move them to the rear. im kinda limited for a center choise and the Rc52 will be the best fit for my furniture as this is in a living room. so what floor speakers would be the best match for this. thanks for your help!

• Moderators

First post so please dont blast me haha.

That's in another forum. Welcome. [:D]

If you must go with the RC-52, the matching fronts would be the RF-52's. The RC-62 actually is voice matched to the RF-62's. If it were me, I too would probalby go with the RF-62 as opposed to the RF-52's. I don't think you will be able to tell that they are not voice matched. Just my opinion.

First post so please dont blast me haha.

That's in another forum. Welcome. Big Smile

If you must go with the RC-52, the matching fronts would be the RF-52's. The RC-62 actually is voice matched to the RF-62's. If it were me, I too would probalby go with the RF-62 as opposed to the RF-52's. I don't think you will be able to tell that they are not voice matched. Just my opinion.

I stand corrected. I still think the RF-62's are best in this application. The extra bass you will get from the 6.25" woofers in the mains will undoubtably give the front soundstage a better presence. The only time you will notice a difference in timbre matching is when you are calibrating the speakers, as they will have a slightly different tone. When watching movies, it should be very seemless.

that sounds like a good plan. what sub would yall recomend with the setup proposed? Rf 62

The RW-12d would be a sugg from the Klipsch line. Occasionally it drops in price on newegg to under $350. Like $329! Forum members use the alert section in the garage sale forum to let folks know.

HudsonValleyNoah had an RSW-10 he offered to me for 300$+shipping. I didn't have the cash at the time and still don't because I got more bills than normal at the end of this month. Give him a shout and see if he still has it. He said it had a few cosmetic issues, but still an excellent deal imo. It would be a much better sub than the RW-12d, but not sure how well it would work with the 62s.

Good luck with your upgrades!