RS42 vs RS42II

Trisstan

So Fshop in Canada has a deal going on right now for the Reference IV RS42's, they are $399 for a pair. I am wondering if there is a big difference in the Reference IV RS42's vs the Reference V RS42II's.

I have been looking for some RS42II's for a little while and no one locally has them, I currently have a RC52II as my center and am wondering if I should buy the RS42's or wait till I can find RS42II's/

The specs are very similiar (unfortunately I can't demo the RS42II's) I have heard the RS42's and I like them just not sure if I should pair them with the rest of the Reference V set I have. Please help.[:D]

i had the rf-10's which are very similar and they dont really have a sturdy bass foundation so a subwoofer is a must. Other than that they have a clean and clear sound and are better than the bookshelfs. The new rf line is just slightly more refined. Pull the trigger! or...get some rf-52's.....

I asked that and they are like Best Buy (well owned by Best Buy) and they do not do custom orders. It is seriously insane trying to get Klipsch speakers here in Manitoba, Canada (or I am not contacting the right dealers).

I ended up purchasing the RS42's as with them on sale it ended up being $400 where as when they were not on sale they were selling for $319 a piece.

So I will test them out and see how I like them. No one has been able to say if there will be a difference in them at all, I checked the specs and they are practically identicle. But if someone has any advice on the difference between the RS42's vs the RS42 II's please let me know, I have 30 days to return them lol.

From what I've read, the II line seems to sound a bit smoother and is a little less harsh. I don't have experience with the previous line, so I can't really say myself. If you got a good deal on them and you are happy with how they sound when you have them up and running, I would say rock on.

Quite honestly you will probably never hear a difference between the 42s and 42iis. I do, however, tend to like the round aesthetic of the new series over the triangular older one. What part of Manitoba are you in? I know that London Drugs is an authorized dealer for the new reference series. They have a location in Winnipeg and can custom order just about anything...

Seriously they are an authorized dealer, I live in Brandon so it is only 2 hours away. Wonder how much they sell them for. Next time I am in I will have to ask, or might call them this weekend seeing how I won't get in there till next month.

Thanks for that information.