To all KLF-30 owners....

I am wondering what you guys think of these speakers so far...I have a chance to get a pair of these for cheap...I was just wondering if their are anything important I should know about the KLF-30's. Do they sound good with all types of music? The reason I ask because I would want to use these speakers for all types of music and home theater...Your thoughts please...

Thanks, Michael

------------------

Michael Tangonan

michael, since you mention HT, take it these would be a start, then you'll need a c7 & surrounds & sub too.

anyway, i use klf along w/ cornwalls in the main sys for both HT & music (mostly all channels/speakers available). imo the 30s are a great overall speaker. great 2nd octave slam w/ those twin ported, twin 12 inchers (never heard a kick drum hit as hard w/ anything else before these); smooth/clear exponential horn midrange; & crisp/clean highs from horn tweeter.

an excellent & loud 3-way speak (102db/1W/1M efficiency).

of course it's always best to listen for yourself at your home to be sure. some have found them to be "too bright or harsh". they are revealing so best used w/ finer equipment. also helps here to have a higher power amp to better pound out the bass, but not totally

necessary at all.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I second everything boa says they are great speakers but they are mercilessly revealing of any deficits in your associated equipment. I have wound up changing everything in my system and doing acoustic treatment to my listening room because everytime I made an improvement the speakers sounded markedly better.

Not to worry, StLouisVegan, KLF-30's are so good that I bought six of them to be the core of my Legends Home Theater... included one customized to be a Center speaker (as you can see in the photo) to put atop my 65" RPHD Mitsubishi.

Some consider the KLF-30 to be the premium Rock & Roll speaker for anyone's living room. KLF-30's were phased out in 2001 when Klipsch brought in the R*7 speakers with slimmer lines... using smaller woofers in a two-way design that eliminates the Tractrix midrange horn... for a more laid back and accurate sound character.

Personally, for HT, I like that Klipsch "live" sound of being there that the KLF-30's deliver in abundance with two - twelve inch woofers to really move some air when called upon to do so by action movies, music videos or pipe organ extravaganzas!

Go for it! ... and let us know how you made out. -HornED

PS: If your "handle" was "StLouisMignon" I might have said that KLF-30's deliver the meat of live concert music... so, in deference to your indicated preference, let me say that KLF-30's a balanced diet with no shortage of rice and beans for a complete protein boost! Wink.gif

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

I got a REALLY good deal ($500 for both) on my KLF 30s too, and I couldn't be happier.

There is only one problem. If you want to put these speakers near your tube TV, you are going to have to put bucking magnets on them. It is easy to do with the help of the forum, but it cost about $100 to do.

------------------

Fronts----KLF 30's

Center----KLF-C7

Receiver--JVC RX-9010V

Rears-----Quintets

Sub-------RSW-15

TV--------Panasonic tau 32 HDTV

DVD/DVD Audio------TOSHIBA SD-5700

Game System- XBOX

------------------

Computer

1.8 P4 - 640 megs of DDR ram