KP 450B's

TasDom

Hey guys,

There are a pair here locally and just trying to get an idea on what they are worth. The seller is asking 700.00 and they look in really good condition. I haven't looked at them in person yet but wondering if it is worth a looksie.

post-53536-1381973444068_thumb.jpg

post-53536-13819765152078_thumb.jpg

post-53536-13819791964628_thumb.jpg

Hi Tasdom,

The KP-450 woofer is the same woofer as the KPT-904, with two K-45 15" drivers. The hi freq section is a K-60 driver on a K-501 horn.

If all drivers are operational, the system will sound fantastic.

If you get them and decide you don't want to keep them, I will buy them from you.

Attached is the info sheet.

If I lived in ABQ, these would already be in my garage.

'nuff said?

KP-450.pdf

KP-450.pdf

KP-450.pdf

KP-450.pdf

I think I will contact the seller to audition them. If I was to buy them, I really don't know how I would integrate them into my HT but I could handle for another forum member.

Shipping could be a deal breaker unless they are under valued at the sellers asking price.

I went to view and audition these today. I must say these are monsters. Overall they are in very good condition, They came out of a local movie theatre and do have a few cosmetic blemishes but nothing that turned me off in any way. There is one binding post broken off of one of the LF cabinets but looks like an easy fix.

I had him hook them up as they were not connected when I arrived. He used a Peavey amp (wattage unknown) and his ipod. We played some blues, rock and some jazz and these sound amazing. I removed the grills to inspect the cones, foam and gaskets and all was pristine. All of the networks / crossovers are original. Grills are perfect and built like a tank!

Anyways to make a long story short, I gave him a deposit and these are coming home with me on Saturday. He was quite firm on his asking price so I really didn't do much tire kicking. He also has a 3rd complete LF unit but no HF unit to go with it. I only committed to the 2 complete 450's but he did offer the other for an additional 250.00 The 2 I am purchasing are sequential serial #'s on the LF but different on the HF

I'm not sure what I will do with these but it just seemed too good of a deal to pass on!

Their brief stay in my lving room will be missed. They are now in the hands of another forum member that will truly enjoy them in a way that my set up would not allow. Only a few bucks over what I paid was more than adequate to see these find the home of a true enthusiast!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the great speakers Billy. It was a pleasure to do business with you. i had a great but long road trip from Denver down to Albuquerque to pick up these beauties.Overall it was about 900 miles in about 14 hours. It is hard to pass up a chance to see the beautiful Sangre de Cristo's and that rugged Southern Colorado & Northern New Mexico area. Billy has a very nice setup anchored by RF-7 II's, it would have been nice to spend more time listening to his setup. Mine always end up being more of a hodgepodge and much less dialed.