Check-list in order to restore an old SCOTT 233 amplifier

tahitibub

welcome tahitibub

I have to agree with tube fanatic this amplifier has very serious corrosion issues and has obviously been used/stored under some very unfavorable conditions. The long term reliability of the PWR and Output transformers having been in these unfavorable conditions is very questionable in my experience.

Speaking for myself anyway before I decide if I want to repair or restore any piece of electronics I always ask myself how much am I willing to invest in the restoration and what will the amplifier be worth after it is done.

One other piece of advise (especially if you are fairly inexperienced with electronic servicing) is if you proceed with this restoration then for safety and fire protection make sure you use the proper size fuses and if any pwr supply resistors are replaced or values changed that the wattages are proper so that they will hopefully burn out in case of any transformer failures especially.

miketn