Klipsch RF-82/62 carpet spikes

joshjp

Wow. I'm amazed that you are considering the same amp choice as I. Let me know when you get the Emotiva hooked up.

Regarding the speaker spikes; I'm looking for a reasonable deal on some spikes for my RF82-II speakers. They have a 1/4-20UNC thread, which I believe may be the same size you need. Newer speakers seem to have changed to metric, i.e M6 or similar. I'm finding it hard to come up with 1/4-20 spikes. Also, being an engineer, I realize how simple these parts are to make so don't pay outrageous prices like some want; i.e. - $20+ each. They should be under $30 for a set of four. Good luck with your search.

Richard D.

Wow. I'm amazed that you are considering the same amp choice as I. Let me know when you get the Emotiva hooked up.

Regarding the speaker spikes; I'm looking for a reasonable deal on some spikes for my RF82-II speakers. They have a 1/4-20UNC thread, which I believe may be the same size you need. Newer speakers seem to have changed to metric, i.e M6 or similar. I'm finding it hard to come up with 1/4-20 spikes. Also, being an engineer, I realize how simple these parts are to make so don't pay outrageous prices like some want; i.e. - $20+ each. They should be under $30 for a set of four. Good luck with your search.

Richard D.

I built one for another speaker, Very easy if you have access to drill press or lathe. If I can do it, most of the members here can. Cut head off bolt that has proper threads. Use small grinder while bolt is turning in drill press. B@$t@rd file will work also. B@$t@rd file is very course file and proper name for it. If you have a friend who has a metal lathe, show him one and he should be able to build one in a few minutes.

Taz