heresy2's-----marantz 2252 vs HK tuner n amp....which one would probably be better set up

rebreg

the marantz 2252 i have or the soon to be HK pm645-amp tu910 tuner....ithe klipschs have been hooked to the HK items since new. was wondering if it would sound better on the old marantz.....i have not listened to the speakers or system yet. picking them up tomorrow. so im kinda feeling it out for info....any thoughts/feedback is thankful....

For what it's worth, Heresy's, Heresy II's, fortes, Quartets, and RB-5's have all sounded wonderful with my Marantz 2252B. The vintage Marantz just has something special(overly warm but very pleasing) that bring out the great qualities of vintage Klipsch speakers.

Bill

I think the Marantz will probably sound better. I have one of those Harman Kardon "Vxi" receivers from the 80's, and it's not horrible, but it certainly isn't very good, either. I love the Marantz that I have...it's a great sounding unit.

willland thanx for responce..he says there are stands. so im thinking that they may look just like the ones kind like on that picture of yours there..maybe im wrong. are those risers or stands..ive got pictures he sent me and it looks just like that..they are light birch or light oak look. im not the greatest at explaining. tonight i will try to take pictures and post them on here..im going to pick them up at 7:00pm....thanx again for feedback

I don't quite understand... you have both the Marantz and the HK, if I read your post correctly. You should be the one telling us which one sounds better.

For my money, I'd go with the Marantz, because I've had them in the past and they were good. I know nothing about the HK model you mention.

understand....thanx....picking it up tonight. thought id ask for advice first from others who have experience with them. sometimes asking questions and feedback can save lots of time and money..thats why this forum is a tool for all.....i almost bought a big ars speaker once. i was excited. i asked and found out they were junk. it saved me 3 hours drive time and 150.00 dollars all because i thought they looked pruddy. lol

willland thanx for responce..he says there are stands. so im thinking that they may look just like the ones kind like on that picture of yours there..maybe im wrong. are those risers or stands..

The speakers in my avatar are Quartets in OO with the factory risers.

Bill

opps thought they looked almost like that. lol. anyways. he said stands. so i will no more tonight. would that mean the risers are a seperate piece you place speakers on. maybe thats what he means. i have a pair of klf's that im very happy with so these heresys will be a new project. i will post outcome later. i am going to pair them with the marantz tonight and hopefully it is music to my ears. thank you all for feedback. rebreg

Soooooo.........?

Did you get them? Huh? Well, did you? What, are we supposed to wait all night??? Come on Rebreg, give us a hint man!!!!

........................ [;)]

Alright, I'll have to take a couple of these..... chillpill.gifchillpill.gif

And remember...... worthless.gif

Dennie ...... [8] [8]

yes i got them in the truck right now. had to stop at daughters to visit. they are beautiful. smaller than i thought but very very nice. be back on later will send pics. thank you for message. rebreg

Well, we won't see him for a week!! ..... tappingfoot.gif

....... rolling.gif

Congratulations!!! [<:o)]

Dennie

dennie. that theres funny. wont see him for a week. lol i sent you a message to see if you could post pics for me. not sure ya got it. thanx......they look bigger n better in my room here at home than they did where i got them.....they look beautiful near the marantz....the bad....i got too much going on this weekend to hookem up. so there going in the den till sunday afternoon..that stinks but im running out of energy...family first...but i will sneak on here till then. i hope i can post some pics asap. thank you all

Here we go. Here are Rebreg's pictures..... [<:o)]

1photo.jpg

2photo.jpg

3photo.jpg

10photo.jpg

11photo.jpg

5photo.jpg

6photo.jpg

4photo.jpg

8photo.jpg

Congratulations Rebreg, those Heresy's look to be in great condition. [<:o)] (the KLF's look great also)

......and the guy threw in a motorcycle!!! blue.gif

Dennie

PS I'm just posting the pic's for Rebreg, maybe he'll come on and give us some details. Also, I just made up the Motorcycle part....rolling.gif! I'm guessing Rebreg had to pay for it! yes.gif

thank you very much dennie for dealing with all the pics i sent....motorcycle. lol. i replaced the rear tire. brakes. service and ignition on console....yeah if he paid for just that i would of been a very happy man last week. lol. thanx a bunch for all your help. i look forward to enjoying the heresy's. to think i wasnt in the market for more speakers.

You are welcome my friend. We're glad you're here. I wasn't looking for speakers when I found my La Scalas on Craigslist, either. I just went to see them and had not planned on buying them. But, once I saw them, I couldn't leave without them and they changed my life. [8][8]

Keep us posted and most importantly..... Enjoy the music! listening.gif

Dennie dance.gif

the heresys sound very nice. i had no plans on getting new to me speakers. i actually bought the items that were with it. a turntable. i am excited. i havent had a turntable in 30 plus years. i decided to keep speakers too. they are a perfect match for the marantz 2252. i need to spend time to learn this forum as it is a little tricky. wife is off this weekend so i havent had much listening time as i normally do. i woke her up at 7:00am listening to my first record on it. now im hooked. i am picking up a new LOT of albums tonight locally. so in a weeks time i will have over 300 albums. lol. i had only 2 till a week ago. then one big lot. now more. good thing is i have the space. lol. wife thinks im crazy....still keeping my rta15TLs that the heresy replaced for the vintage room i have. so i am excited. like a kid with a new toy.....thank you for all your feedback. i look forward to getting to know youall.....rebreg