Tannoy

whatever55

I heard some at a hifi show a couple of years ago, and have heard other Tannoys including a pair of Ardens which I had at home for a while.

The Westminster Royals are huge and deliver a huge sound. I've never heard anything like them. They sound natural and dynamic, not overtly detailed like modern speakers but the detail's there. I would say they major on dynamics and speed. Yes, if I could afford them I'd be doing some serious listening.

BTW, I found the Ardens to be a mixed bag. Also dynamic and musical, they also suffered from loose bass. I eventually purchased Forte IIs that now have Ti tweeters/squarkers and upgraded crossovers.

I have heard the Westminster Royals at a show. They are big, reallyu really big. They were not turned up and if I remember correctly they were in a room with other horns. May have been Martinelli.

I don't remember them being anythign that stuck out, but also do nto remember them being bad sounding either.

I do remember them being really really big.