Which caps do I order?

It seems that my caps are going out since I'm gettings soft/quiet output from one of the tweeters so I think it's time to replace the caps in my SF-1 towers. I did a search for a direct replacement but came up empty handed. It seems there are so many capacitors out there and I don't know which ones would be a suitable repalcement. The large one is a 24uF and the small one is 6uF. I can solder new ones in but I have no idea which are considered good for audio quality. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Posted Image

If you don't want to make a hobby out of picking new caps and you don't want to spend a bundle but do want good quality contact Bob Crites and he will sell you a set of caps which will sound better than the original and do so at a fair cost. They don't get any better to deal with than Bob. Best regards Moray James.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html

You sure it is the caps? Be sure before you start replacing things.

Those are also electrolytic caps. Very inexpensive. Don't know if you want to go with film caps. Jensen are very reasonably priced. But no film cap will fit on that board. What I do is mount the board on a small piece of flat wood that is larger but fits in the speaker. iI mount the bigger caps to the board and then neatly route the wires to the board.

Here are a set of JBL x-overs that I did that way. (these had bypass caps, not really necessary, its a "JBL thing").

post-10861-1381973850056_thumb.jpg

post-10861-13819769161354_thumb.jpg

post-10861-13819796226486_thumb.jpg