Titanium mid/tweeter for cf -4

First post, followed this forum for about a year owned klipsch for 15 years

upgraded my klf-30s with the titanium tweeter and mids recently and really liked the way these sound

which has me thinking about upgrading the cf-4s (ver 1) that i have with titanium to see if it makes more of a smoother and detailed sound. I know these speakers are not loved by klipsch and will probably never have any of there parts remade.

i see klipsch makes a 2" titanium compression driver (exit) the k-1133 (what does exit mean ?) and i think another one, would these work? also crites sells titanium drivers (would these work)

The original was a 2" alumunium compression driver, i dont know anything of hz or khz or crossover frequencies to decide if any of these drivers would work

so im looking for suggestions and ideas

Moray James if you can chime in on this it would be much appreciated (ive read alot of your posts on here and ak and see you have gone to titanium in some speakers)( i think you asked this ? a few years ago)

mega

I have two old replacement alumunium tweeter/mids for the cf-4, would there be anyway to have these replicated in titanium

Anyone know of the manufacturer of the k-63-kn, maybe they still have the molding or stamping equipment (don't know how these were made) ?

the other option which I think is better one and which could possibly work out to be less expensive is to find a set of used Peavey 22A drivers, these have an aluminum one piece VC and diaphragm with a polyester suspension. These sound better to me than the K63KN (stock CF4 driver). I just bought a set of factory Peavey titanium upgrade diaphragms for my 22A cost was only $81.00 shipping in, the new diaphragm is the 22 XT+. Hope this is of interest. Best regards Moray James.

PS keep us posted if you decide to experiment, have fun.

No offense, but have you had your hearing checked lately?

A Peavey T22A has very poor high end, and EV DH2A will have at least 10dB more output in the 16Khz region.

I can hear, I also own test equipment, I also own a pair of the Peavey drivers with the new titanium diaphragms.

none taken. ears are ok. the 22A is a nice sounding driver and I prefer it to the K63KN which was a surprise ro me as I did expect to. The 22A does not have any ferrofluid in the gap like the the newer versions. The new ti diaphragms are an improvement in top end response and the price is right. I do plan on getting a set of the EV ti diaphragms for the K63KN at some point down the road to have a listen to them. Best regards Moray James.