need help with recevier

Rhino1

Rhino1,

Welcome to the forum.

I just bought 2 rf-82 II, 2 rs-42 II, rc-52 II, &sw-110.

Nice setup, but in my opinion(and many others), the RC-52II just does not hang well with the RF-82II's.

I hope my problem is that I have a cheap recevier, because speakers sound not too good.

It may just be because the RF-82II's sound really good, IMO. What receiver are we talking about? How do you have it set?

Bill

I have a sony 830, my problem is not with surround it is when I listen to music with just the fronts playing. I tried to adjust bass every way on fronts and took bass all the way down to -10 and still sounds horrible. Sorry I'm new at this and need advice on receivers. Think upgrading rec should help??????

I think your setup may be off. First less better define the problem. Is there to much or muddy bass? Can you hear dialogue from the center channel? Did you use the Sony calibration mic to setup you system? What exactly are you hearing that sounds wrong. Give us more info and help will follow. I have a Sony STR DH 510 which work fine with my Klipsch speakers after appropiate setup. My Sony avr is older and most like not quite as nice as yours, but is a solid performer.

The bass has a sort of distorted & popping sound not clear at all. Yes I did use sony calibration mic to set up system. Yes i can here dialouge from center channel. Watching movies in surround mode sounds decent but when listening to music with fronts and sub playing the fronts start sounding distorted. I have a small apple box that has better sound than my towers and that has me puzzled.

Are all the speaker set to small and is the xo between 80-100? Turn the sub xo all the way up. This will ensure that bass management is done by the avr. Other things to consider: speaker (RF 82) not up against back wall and 3 ft from side wall, and switch the phase on the sub back and forth to see which way it sounds best. Also try relocating the sub even if it is only 6in. to several feet. For one sub, locate it on the front wall if possible and not in a corner. Corner placement will load the sub to increase volume but, make it more boomy and muddy. Try using a universal xo for all speakers while tweaking the system and not a separate one for the different speakers. Subwoofer placement is the major factor in getting good bass.