Where do you like to buy DVD's

Dafishguy

I have been looking for some hard to find disks and can't find them locally, so I'll ask the question. Where does everyone buy their DVD's? Who do you recommend as the best on line e-tailer of disks? I get most of mine from Futureshop/Bestbuy and on Ebay.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

DVD Denon 2800 (Soon to be Denon 9000)

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

rick, this has links to many of the good online places, plus price scanning. take note of the shipping charges

too though (some are free ship).

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdhtml2

i just ordered alice cooper, frampton comes alive & neil young at red rocks (all have dts tracks) from www.dvdplanet.com

also just ordered jeff buckley live in chicago from www.playcentric.com

i like the home concerts rather than shell out $50-$250

for the live performance. may speed up the breakeven for all i've spent on gear. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow your links Boa to see what I can find. I appreciate the info. I have tried Amazon but some of the prices are very high. I wanted to try and get the disks alittle cheaper before paying their prices.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Mike-

I don't like to be picky but I think it's www.deepdiscountdvd.com .

Talk about expensive!! I saw the Carl Sagan "Cosmos" complete box set at Amazon for $169.95 (gee, discounted from the retail price of.....$169.95!) then DVDPlanet had it for $127.46! I didn't look too many other places because someone said it was limited availability.

I believe Amazon probably has one of the best selections but, man, do you pay for it.

------------------

Tom's Money Pit

This message has been edited by tblasing on 06-06-2002 at 08:12 AM

Excuse me if I'm wrong but I'm getting a funny feeling that Dafishguy is running out of DVDs to play on that beautiful new system he has.Confess Fishguy. You gotta play as many DVD's you can get your hands on with those new RF-7's don't you. cwm20.gif

quote:

Originally posted by BBB:

Excuse me if I'm wrong but I'm getting a funny feeling that Dafishguy is running out of DVDs to play on that beautiful new system he has.Confess Fishguy. You gotta play as many DVD's you can get your hands on with those new RF-7's don't you.
cwm20.gif

Hi BBB,

Foiled again... You got it. I don't mind watching movies over and over again. In fact I really do enjoy watching movies more than once because I am a real movie nut. I have over 400 DVD's in my collection and I add two or three more every week. (If there are ones I like and want to get). But you're absolutely right, I can't get enough of this system. It puts EVERY movie theatre sound system we have here in Regina to shame. (Except maybe the Imax theatre). Just last night I watched Vertical Limit Superbit in DTS and holy son-o-me-gun that's a good movie with incredible sound. I really enjoyed it. That's how I've justified spending almost $30,000 on the system and another $10,000 or so on disks. I watch this sucker every night during the week and every weekend during the winter. In summer we go to the lake during the weekends so I miss out in the summer. Anyway, my wife is the same as me when it comes to movies. Unfortunately we don't always like the same movies.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

Yea Fish . I hear ya. All the way here in Pa. LOL.

I'm an RF-7 guy myself.Big time. I own 4 of the beasts.The Vertical Limit Superbit disc you mentioned is awesome!

That DTS track just fills the room with power. Now I know why people naturally duck while getting into helicopters. Whoa ! How about the avalanche. The sound seperation has been mixed great.

Don't you mean avalanches. You're right. They are fantastic. I could have sworn one was bearing down on my house while I was watch the movie. And how 'bout the nitro explosions? Someday, someone is going to invent a way to feel a movie. I mean those explosions where great, just imagine how much better they would have been if you also felt some heat from your system as they were going off. Just a thought.

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RC-3

Sub RSW-15

Receiver Denon 5803

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

oh yea VL has some great LFE in it. & i only saw/heard it w/ digital cable tv though in DD 5.1. haven't tried

a superbit dvd yet, but you guys are making me look. Smile.gif

though i only have a sony trinitron 27". Frown.gif

agree w/ mike that dddvd is usually the best deal. sometimes, though not too often, not though. & they seem to have much less availability than some of the others. Frown.gif

that dvdpricesearch is where i start as it includes most all (all of the above vendors). f.e., that jeff buckley i just ordered, it led me to www.playcentric.com though deepdiscdvd didn't carry it. so the pricesearch is also good for determining who has a certain disk.

------------------

My Home Systems Page