Basement Setup

Matt0013

Here are some pictures of my basement. You can see that I really dont have room for some floorstanding speakers so that is why I will probably get the RB-5s as my front speakers. If I get the RB-5s then the table and couches will block some sound I think. Is that true? Does anyone have any suggestions for my setup such as speaker placement, which speakers I should buy, or how much power I need to fill the basement with sound?

Looks like you have a great start to making a HT space out of a dynamite indoor recreation area, Matt0013!

Your diagonal placement of the TV takes a page out of Floyd E. Toole's book of favorite HT configurations. Dr. Toole's "white paper" on the subject can be found at: http://www.harman.com/wp/pdf/Loudspeakers&RoomsPt1.pdf

Further comments need some clarification of your audio budget, HT vs. Music use, and the approximate cubic feet in your basement. Congratulations on doing so well by your family and yourself. -HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd

Oh pa-lEEEEaze. You have all kinds of room for some sweet R7 series speakers. Cmon... you know ya wanna.

That is one very nice looking setup you have there! Very nice very clean.cwm1.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Matt0013: it looks like you have a good space there. The footprint of the rf3II's would be the same or smaller than the rb5's on stands - unless you mounted the rb5's on individual shelves attatched to wall. Of course, the shelves would have to stick out a bit because the speakers are rear ported.