SUB 10 - SUB 12 Working AMP Repair

ounvme

I have seen many of these amplifiers broken and needing repair. The usual problem is the mosfets in the power supply die. The problem is the way the board was made you usually ruin it trying to replace them. The heatsink is also garbage and the layout in general leaves much to be desired. This is typical of BASH board. I like to repair these amps for fun and try to bring them back to life so Klipsch lovers can once again enjoy their subs or the DIY community can use a Klipsch amp.

For this repair I found that the entire power side of the circuit board can be modified upgraded and replaced. I have optomized the location of the components and tests have proven the design to be good. The mosfets have improved individual heatsinks and the PDC board is out of the way with some breathing room. The mosfets are also turned around so if they happen to blow they are not at risk of damaging the transformer. The current version works only with the US version at 120V. 600142 rev 3

file.php?id=44&mode=view

how much do you charge or do you have a write-up on it with the parts needed? Mine has been out for 2.5 years now and been in two shops for that long. I'm getting my amp back on tuesday and would really like to fix it inside of forking out the money for a new one. thanks.

The board uses all the origional components with the addition of 2 100R reesistors and the 2 heat sinks. The PCB is the expensive part at $50, but it is in my opinion a big improvement. If you want to use it for 240V other parts will need to be purchased. The current restriction is that it must be a 600142 REV 3 board. The other boards use a different sized transformer or they are all-in-one boards. They can also be updated, but I have not designed a circuit board replacement for them yet. If you are looking to repair the amp cheap I would say try it yourself. With shipping it would be around $100 if I did it. I will list some steps and instructions.

mine looks to be a REV 0 board. Its all in one as well. I've been told twice now it has a bad transducer. I've looked over the board and whatever that is on terminal D12 looks to be bad. Its burnt looking a bit but theres supposed to be 3 soldered connections on it and 1 and gone. Last time I had it together all it did was hum. Does Klipsch offer a repair service? I've got no problem giving this thing a shot. I just don't know what to get and where to start with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How are you doing. I just joined this forum recently and glad I found it. I just purchased the 12 sub because my twins had my receiver turned up to high and almost blown my 10 sub. It plays just fine on a low volume but when increasing the volume there is a popping and cracking sound when the bass hits at a low frequency. I bought a secondery board off of eBay just for repairs and was wondering where to go from here. What do you think?