Help! My LF-10 quit working

pepsican2000

Hello, I am new to this message bored, and I am impressed with the knowledge shown here. I own a Klipsch LF-10, and I noticed that the bass was a little weak. So I went to go turn the level up, and when I did there was no change in volume from my subwoofer. The sound coming from it is extremely low, and the only way it can be heard, is having your ear right next to it. Any suggestions? I will be watching this post throughout the day, so if you need more info on the subwoofer, or my setup, just ask, Thanks!

-Jay

This sounds like an amp problem.Also when the sub is off push the active woofer in the center(fingers around the dustcap)to see/hear if the voice coil does not rub againts the magnetic structure.

My first LF10 went sour after I tested max SPL and the voice coil hit the magnetic structure.Since then the woofer was shot,disturbing rubbing of the voice coild could be heard! cwm3.gif

In your case however I think its the amp.Contact Klipsch.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Try all the basics first,

1)set all speakers to small on the receiver setup menu

2)try a different subwoofer cable

3)make sure the crossover knob on the subwoofer is set to its highest point(or bypassed)

4)make sure the receiver is set to subwoofer ON.

5)make sure the receiver's subwoofer "leveler" is near its midpoint(at least to start).

TV