Cornwall question for HDBR

Hello,

I read in some of HDBR's earlier posts, mentioning the codes on the upper left side of Cornwalls when they are made. Mine have the letters "BSF" stamped into the upper left, on each one.

Do you know who used those codes? I remember you saying that those codes were used by the builders to identify who put them together.

Unfortunately, I can't tell who tested or inspected the speakers, because that has worn off, but they are 1981 CBR Cornwalls.

Thanks alot,

Jon

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Pioneer turntable with Audio Technica cartridge

The builders were likely me and somebody else(there were LOTS of "somebody elses" in those days...bigtime employee turnover then)...the sander was Frances Hale("F").

I normally used an "A" or an "AB" when I built solo, but in a team I would use either an "A" and the helper's code...or a "B" and the helper's designated single-letter-code...that depended on whether I could find my "A" die or not...it tended to get lost in the shuffle at times...especially if I was rapidly moving between the tables...which I sometimes was!! LOL!

The only other "B" who might nave been building at that time would have been "Bois'd'arc" who normally used "RW" or "R" since his name is actually Robert Wyatt....the helper may have been Lynn Stevenson...he was foreman of the shop then, but he sometimes helped build some of the Cornwalls because we just didn't always have somebody else available to help!!

By that time Ronnie Barhams was gone, I think...and he had previously been just "B" or "RB"...besides, Ronnie seldom built any birch Cornwalls after I took over as Cornwall lead man...unless I was "playing hookey" or on vacation at the time...which seldom occurred for more than a day or two at a time...In 7 years there I only took vacation time of a week or more on two occasions!!

My solo builder codes were "A" and later "AB"...but codes for cornwalls will show either an "A" or a "B" in the first letter of them if I was involved...depending on which years the speakers were made!! The second letter in the cornwall code was for my helper...and I had lots of different helpers over the years there!!

Cornwalls were NORMALLY a two-man build...but on occassion I have built them all by myself...more the birch ones than anything else, since they were not mitered edge ones...but I DID build up mitered-edge Cornwalls at times all by myself!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages