I need sound advice

likeitloud

I recently bought my first pair of Klipsch speakers (KG4's). I am powering them with a Yamaha RX-V595 only. I use them mostly for listening to my music(LOUD),and also for home theatre. First of all , is that a fairly compatable pair ? and secondly, what would be the best thing to get next? center speaker,sub,amp,or something else? I am new here, and could use some SOUND advice. All would be appreciated ! - Jeff - I hope I picked the right catagorie. If not, which would be best one for these questions ?

It is hard too tell you what to get.........But I say go for a gooood sub!!! You have speakers and you have an amp. A sub will make your system sound BIGGER!!!! It will also help your KG4's to sound a little better because your Yamaha will be sending them more linear and robust power due to your sub handling all of the LF's=LowFrequencies........Welcome to the forum!!!!......This is a fine place for your questions.

For Home Theater, the two most impactful speakers in your system will be your center channel, and your sub. Get the best your budget allows in these areas.

For your Left, Center, Right (LCR), you want your front sound stage to have timbre (pronounced timbur) matching up front. This is done by matching the speakers that produce the mids and highs in your front 3 speakers. In a perfect world, we'd all have 3 of the exact same speaker up front to accomplish this. But many of us can't have a 3rd floor standing speaker for a center channel cause it just doesn't fit. Thats why the horizontal "center" channel was invented.

The effect of timbre matching is that you won't notice which speaker the sound is coming from as a car zooms from left to right. You'll just know it zoomed from over there to over here. If you don't have timbre matching, it may sound more like, "oh, the train is in the left speaker, now it's coming from the middle speaker, oh, finally it's over in the right speaker."

For the KG4 series, I belive the KV series were "designed" center for them. Like a KV3 or so.

Welcome to the Forum!! Stick around and enjoy. There is a ton of knowledge here.

I just bought a pair of KG 4's on Thursday for my rears. They sound outstanding especially in all channel stereo (Fortes for mains). I have tried my system with sub/no sub,

The sub makes a huge difference (HSU VTF-15). I also have tinkered with getting them off the floor and have found that 10" makes a big difference, hence I am building some stands for them. I agree in that a sub/center channel should be next. I am throwing this out there but I have a KV3 center that is unused and if you are interested pm me. Enjoy the KG 4's, they have blown me away, underrated for sure.