matching amp with klipsch speakers

boband212

hi, right now i am using an arcam integrated amp and arcam cd player. i have good cables and interconnects. i like it. have klipsch sf 1- same as f10. never sounded so good as recently when i got new cables, and the arcam gear. got arcam gear used from a repair shop - good deal. however, i am interested in getting either rf62 or rf52. need to decide which will meet my needs best. so many reviews say rf62 is bass heavy? well, now the sf1 have lots of bass. amazing considering. many say tube amps are best with klipsch. if you go with solid state i should think it very clear and mellow. i like jolida hybrid and their tube amps too. anyone got anything to say about jolida with klipsch? any experience with jolida jd102 or jd202? thanks for any help.

It's easier to tell you what to avoid. As you probably found out the Klipsch are very efficient and require less (very little) power. They can get loud quickly and become "harsh" or analytical with the wrong amp.

You just need to avoid those analytical sounding solid states (and even some of the more modern tube amps) out there that produce a "mismatch" sound that can literally drill a hole in your head and become fatiuging in just a few minutes.

Vintage reconditioned solid state (like McIntosh) and especially rebuilt vintage tube amps get high praise around here and can be cost effective.

Vintage reconditioned solid state (like McIntosh) and especially rebuilt vintage tube amps get high praise around here and can be cost effective.

+1 after I added a MC-250 and C26 it has been a dramatic improvement over my middle of road low powered tubes . no fatigue what so ever.