KP 3002 & KP 4000 (Schematic anyone ?)

kg4guy

I think there are two models of the 4000. one with an internal crossover and one with out. If you have the one with the internal crossover...theres some bi-polar electrolytic caps in there that are as cheap as you can get.....either replace them with better caps or add some film bypass caps.

I had a pair of these (with the optional crossover within the sub box input panel). If yours do have the crossovers in the subs, allows you to run the whole setup easily with one amp. I'm not an expert on "Pro" amps, but I bought a QSC GX5 due to the flexibility and a friend who owns a music store recommending that as the best bang for the buck. That one amp (I think I paid $400-450) had the system cranking loud and clear as it needed to be.

I'm sure other would recommned bi-amping, getting higher quality/cost amp like a Crown---- just saying I thought I had what I thought was fantastic sound going the "bargain" amp route and still own the QSC and very happy with it for the price.

Cool I'm looking forward to hearing this combo I hope the KP 250's you got from me are serving you well . I had to DJ another wedding this week at a park in Santa Barbara they had a large tent setup I used my LSI's with bass reflex mod with a Carver M 1.0T amp amazing little amp packs a heck of a punch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after taking everything apart one of the subs passives is shot so it went out today to get fixed cost will be $75. the other sub the passive looks to have just been reconed and one of the 20 watt 30 ohm resisters on the KP 3002 was cracked so I replaced it other than that everything is in near excellent condition the KP 3002's came with nice thick covers I put new polyswitch's in the crossovers also checked and resoldered any questionable solder's and installed one speakon connector on each of the KP 3002's and on subs leaving one 1/4" lock terminal per cabinet . I have a total of $1025 in the 4 cabinets and that includes shipping not bad[:)]

The KP 3002's sound amazing can't wait to hear them with the subs from what I found by doing searches the subs should be crossed at 70-100Hz?

Thank you very much Bill just got new diaphragms in them cleaned the HF up very nice one was original and even though it was ok not up to par the gaps were pretty dirty so I cleaned them out good before installing new diaphragms standard procedure should have the reconed passive back next week.