Basic Conclusion

CIGARBUM

I am in the process of putting together another system. For the power I have been testing and listening to several things for the past several months and have come to the basic conclusion what I like the best. The choices haves been a Stromberg Carlson 430 (Craigs rebuild), 2 Marantz MA500 mono blocks, Sansui 7900 and a 9900, both recently rebuilt, a Fisher 202B (Craig rebuild), the last is 2 Fisher CA880 that I have not listened to because I don't know how to hook then up, they are integrated ampsand sound nice individually. The speakers have been some older B&W that are pretty decent, and a decent CD player.

What I have found that I like the best is the Fisher 202B, it has all very nice vintage tubes and just sounds good.

Comments or suggestions are welcome.

Cigarbum

Oh yea. How do you like them? They are from the same series as the DM3000's.

Mine have a very nice mellow sound and warm bass, and do vocals and midrange very well. I had never heard B&W's but with all of the B&W bashing on the forum (back then) I saw them on craigslist and just wanted to hear what they sounded like, with no intention of buying them. I owned them the next day. [:$] I can't seem to part with them.

Check your surrounds, mine came unglued. But it was very easy to fix as the surrounds are really durable.

I added a picture. It is the only photo that I have of them n my server.

post-10861-13819802927978_thumb.jpg