F20 build *FINISHED*

boomer76

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the baffle cutout, did it with a jigsaw, I know it's not perfect but I remeasured after the cut and it is fractionally bigger than the 14" hole, if it doesn't work ill just get another board and redo it differently, driver should arrive tomorrow and then I will cut the access hole to size of the driver and then screw and glue the box all together once I finish the baffle...

post-57351-13819823802866_thumb.jpg

Well I redid the baffle cut-out, the driver came in and it needed to be precisely cut... Needless to say the 15" driver is massive!!! Can't wait to get this all put together , It took forever to get the mounting holes fitted with the t nuts , had to grind down part of them so they wouldn't hang over the hole... I would say I would be assmbling the box tomorrow but its my son's 4th birthday this weekend and I am smokin some pork shoulder and brisket so I don't know if I will have time enough to cut the access panel and then time to screw and glue it all together my guess is I will have it assembled Friday night .... Will keep the pics coming as I get them

post-57351-13819823863796_thumb.jpg

Well I redid the baffle cut-out, the driver came in and it needed to be precisely cut... Needless to say the 15" driver is massive!!! Can't wait to get this all put together , It took forever to get the mounting holes fitted with the t nuts , had to grind down part of them so they wouldn't hang over the hole... I would say I would be assmbling the box tomorrow but its my son's 4th birthday this weekend and I am smokin some pork shoulder and brisket so I don't know if I will have time enough to cut the access panel and then time to screw and glue it all together my guess is I will have it assembled Friday night .... Will keep the pics coming as I get them

Mouth just started to water there... Two of my favorite things to smoke... Sounds like it's gonna be a great birthday!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the BBQ'd brisket and pork shoulder turned out great... Finally got to work on it today and made a lot of progress... Some the mdf wanted to crack when I screwed the panels together even with pilot holes but nothing to serious.... Will put some bracing in and the cover on tomorrow and the flange for the access door, will finish the access door spot sand and paint it Wednesday and will give a full report on how it sounds!!!

post-57351-13819824361226_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...