Two Channel Experts

hornlover60

To all that responded to my inquiry about belles verses la scalas. Thank you for your information. Due to the significant cost difference, I am leaning towards purchasing la scalas. My next question would be about updating crossovers. Any suggestions as to just replacing the capacitors from BEC or going with a different crossover from ALK?

Thanks in advance,

hornlover60

Replacing capacitors from BEC is money well spent! Crossovers from ALK is money well spent too! If you get La Scalas with old caps then I'd replace them with the kit from BEC. Once you have listened to those for a few months then place your order with ALK one of his networks. You can attenuate the mids and highs with ALKs which will come in handy when you decide to replace your mid horn with one of the available drop in wood horns from gothover or Volti audio. You will still have all your parts so you could put things back to original if you like. That is the route I would be considering anyway.

To all that responded to my inquiry about belles verses la scalas. Thank you for your information. Due to the significant cost difference, I am leaning towards purchasing la scalas. My next question would be about updating crossovers. Any suggestions as to just replacing the capacitors from BEC or going with a different crossover from ALK? Thanks in advance, hornlover60

There is a very nice set of Lascala II's listed in the garage sale section for the price of Belles. No caps of crossovers needed. These would be perfect if you have the budget.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/168500.aspx

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-klipsch-lascala-ii-walnut-2006-edition-2012-11-01-speakers-33418