I need help!

AaronR

I think it would be a little bit hard to get rid of. But if you bought em and then offered it in the garage sale at a pretty competitive price it may go to someone who wants to run 6.1. Or you could hang on to it for spare parts if you ever needed them. I doubt you would. Or maybe you could find a pair on eBay with one that is damaged for really cheap then you have 5 matching speakers. That us the perfect setup ideally.

Just thumbing through the best buy ad and noticed quintet system for 275... Is the quintet system even worth a look? Never would have considered going that route but for 275 seams hard to pass up...

From what I understand the WF speakers Newegg sells are comparable to the Reference line. The F-20 is a step down. I bet the WF speakers will go on sale black friday. I remember last year tehy had a big sale then.

The wf-34 I have are a nice sounding speaker. Comparable to the rf-42. I ordered the wf-35 from newegg and they showed up destroyed. Too bad. But could be a thought. Can get three wf-35 for about the same price as you would get two pairs of RB-61 but the problem is they are still rear ported. As for the synergy, I can't speak for those as those are the lower end that best buy sells and I have not listened to them. And sure the quintet at 275 are ok but they aren't even gonna compare to say the RB-41ii in sound. They are satellite. Amd are meant for small rooms. Don't sell your self short. If you have to save a little longer for what you want then do it. 275 would be a total waste in a week when you realize you want more

It's not necessarily the saving portion, its the talking my newlywed wife into letting me spend the extra money. I did go ahead and purchase the quintets only because I have a silver membership and have 60 days to return them. If i can not convince her to let me spend more in the next 60 days I guess it is what it is, but I am definitely looking for a better option in all my spare time/breaks from working on the basement.

My room is not huge my any means, only 2016 cubic feet, but I want the best sound that I will be happy with (for a while at least, I know the 'upgrade bug' hits us all at some point or another.) I have found that I need front ported speakers for the fronts and bookshelf speakers would work much better for my setup, so that limits me for the low budget. And to boot they really can not be more than 13 inches deep to work with the space. Does anyone have speaker suguestions for my front sound stage?