CD-Music Playback & Dolby Processing

artto

OK, here's my dumb question for the day.

I don't usually care much about all the movie mode processing available on today's recievers since for the most part it seems to take care of itself.

However, at the moment I'm auditioning an older "all-digital" reciever (Panasonic SA XR-57) for ease of use while all the other equipment is down because the room is getting redone, acoustical modifications, painted, etc.

It appears the only way I can get a center channel to operate with this unit is to either have the speakers selection set to multi-channel in which case Dobly ProLogic II is automatically engaged, or to use what Panasonic calls "Sound Field Control" (SFC) which has a variety of movie or music selections such as "jazz", "live", "pop/rock", etc. that all provide some kind of enhancement, none of which I care for nor wish to be constantly switching back and forth between.

The multi-channel speaker setting which engages Dolby Pro II seems to be the easiest to use for getting the center channel to work. When I'm playing 2-channel CD (via dgital optical connection) is the Dolby processing going to have any effect on the CD or will it simply recognize there's not any Dolby processing and just reproduce the sound as a normal CD?

[*-)]

I figured out how disable all the music and movie sound field correction "themes" and processes.

On the remote there's an "off" button off to the side that's not quite apparent as to what its related to. And of course the manual was of little help as usual.

Everything is back to normal [:)]