klipsch icon help

rob2112

hey guys,

first time posting..... i just bought a pair of f28's from best buy. i am going to but the rest of the set soon. i want to a 5.1 system i listen to alot of music, live mmostly rock and i watch plenty of movies. my man cave is 14 by 18 with the couch along the 14 foot wall. my question is should i go with bookshelf speakers in the rear or the surround sound speakers for 30bucks more?

any advice would be greatly appriecated. also i just bought klipsch sw308 sub is this any good?

which reciever would go best with this set up? i was thinking denon i could the 1912 for $450 or the 2312ci refurbished for the same price im a newbie what do you guys think i should do?

The 2312 has 105 watts per channel and has preouts for dual subwoofers. The 1912 has 90 watts and single out for subwoofer. IMHO I would go for the 1912 because refurbished scares me for some reason but the choice is whether your gonna use 2 subs. 15 watts isnt much difference IMO.

thanks for the help guys...i looked up the sub you guys are talking about its 499 i got the sw308 for 300. i also bought it from vanns, not sure about the return policy. is this sub not as good as reviews ive read? i know its rather small but it has three 8in speakers instead of just one 10 or 12in. i a newbie so im just guessing here.