Best Amp for La Scala Speakers XmasGift, Help!!!

Randy-okla

Trying to buy a Christmas Gift. Help ASAP!

I just bought a pair
of Klipsch La Scala speakers. What would be the best amp setup, integrated or not? Tube amp setup? $2,000.00 or less.

Goal: Sound is so wonderful, orchestra or piano is in our living room.

Please help me with this, as I am completely ignorant about amps and this is my Christmas gift for my wife. This is so overwhelming to me; I've never had such difficulty trying to figure something out!

Room Details:
* 25'x60' wood floor with area rug
* 3/4" plywood walls
* Suspended cieling
* Most would consider this a "Live" room

Type of Music
* Classical, Instrumental
* Broadway Tunes

Wow Randy,

You are trying to achieve in less than two weeks what most people in this forum have spent the better part of their lives chasing. Welcome to an ongoing obsession. Did the dealer you bought the LS from not recommend the electronics? What are the sources. CD's, vinyl, mp3? Do you need just the amp or the media player as well? Is this strictly for music or will it include a home theater setup. LS's don't require a high power amp so you can save some money there. $2000 can buy you alot of stuff that will sound great. Without more info, it is tough on where to begin. I suggest checking out the dealer where you bought the LS's from.

We can give you brand names and models but that would not make the choice easier. Besides, it would be our choices based on our room settings etc. Our choices may not work best for your setup.

Good luck.

IMG_6500-vi.jpg

I am using the Caver VTA 20 to driver my Khorns. I have all of my music ripped to AIFF on a NAS, but it could be a PC or Mac. I also have a wireless network and I use the Sonos as a wirelss music connection to my NAS. It aso serves as a preamp.

IMG_6502-vi.jpg

Here's a close up of the amp and Sonos controller. Very clean set up, high WAF factor

IMG_4793-vi.jpg

Here's an earlier shot with a different set up, but you can kick back in your favorite sofa or in my case chair and use the Sonos wireless controller to serve up your favorite playlist.

There are many ways you can go, vinyl ( requires a preamp and phono stage) CD's ( you have to get up and change them and you probably need a preamp) , but for what you described, this is my concert hall. I bought these Khorns to flip and I tried a few different amps that just didn't work right on these Khorns. When I put the Carver on there it screwed up my whole house. I had to move the A7's a 300b set up to a different room and that made me move my Lowthers and so on.These Khorns and this amp are so nice I decided to keep the Khorns.

This is the only corner I have in the house so that's why they stayed there. Even my SET buddies like this set up and acoustic oriented music sounds wondeful.

Very minimum type set up but the sound is just there.

I just bought a pair
of Klipsch La Scala speakers. What would be the best amp setup, integrated or not? $2,000.00 or less...Goal: Sound is so wonderful, orchestra or piano is in our living room.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/firstwatt4/f3.html

http://www.renohifi.com/FirstInStock.htm

I'd also recommend time aligning your tweeters with your midranges such as what Marvel did - because it costs almost nothing to do it. This little trick is worth at least as much as an amplifier... http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/145165/1494279.aspx#1494279

APT_baffle_04.jpg

I would actually recommend aligning the K-77 tweeter horn vertically (rather than the horizontal orientation used by Klipsch) since the polars are slightly better in this orientation. The stand only needs to be as high as the tweeter - i.e., the tweeter doesn't need to be separated from the midrange horn vertically any more than necessary.

Chris

do you know any about Decware amps specifically the SE34I 6 watt per channel SET amp? Is there any truth to the idea that you get a sweeter sound out of the lower wattage amps or are you convinced i might not get the bass i want. I would like to decide today or tomorrow and the price is not an issue. Again, I just want it to sound like the orchestra or Broadway singers came to my living room. I know very little about this technology and would really appreciate your help.