Klipsch 42 series fine tuning difficulties

Waldo

Just assembled a new 7.1 Home Theater set of 2 Klipsch Reference RF 42 II, 1 center RC- 42 I I, 4 RB - 41 I I Bookshelves surround, and sub Velodyne impact 8 all of them driven through the Marantz NR 1603, attached to the Marantz Bluray UD5007 and Samsung 55" Smart TV 8000 Series.

I´ve tried to setup the sound via Audissey that came in the Marantz package, but I did not like the results (sounds like a not vivid flat sound).

By now triyng the manual setup on which would like to have your help:

1- The Klipsch mentioned above are consideres small or large for the correct sound output?

2- How can I boost the surround sound via 4 bookshelves installed at the ceiling according to the Klipsch guidelines?

3- What is the correct figures for each Klipsch set in terms of db?

Thanks in advance!

Run everything you have as small. I have the same in my living room and love how audyssey set it up. Audyssey does a really good job. If you set it manually you need to do the distance for each speaker. That is really important. After that you need to level match all speakers. You need a spl meter and all channels should be exactly the Same on the spl meter. I believe when you rest test tones each channel should,read 82db on the meter. Thee is a lot to take in if you do it manually. I can't see audyssey not doing what it was supposed to. How about you give us a rough idea of your room, where all the speakers are and let us know how audyssey set everything and we can tell you if that sounds right.

Hi there

Just returning to the fine tuning matter, please see the figures when I ran the Audissey after 6 different positions of the microphone:

-Front Left -7,5

-Front Right -4,0

-Center -5,0

-Surround Left back -7,0

-Surround Right back - 3,0

-Surround Left -2,0

-Surround Right -3,5

-SW -0

Remarks: all the distances measured by the Audissey were wrong. Also the Audissey noted that the front left and center had wires inverted connections that was not true (was double checked).

The ambient actually is a Bedroom 13.5 foot X 13,5Foot (4meters X4meters)

I have returned to the manual settings (without spl) with correct distances input and let 0 db for all speakers and got sound quality improvement.

I apprecieted yoour valuable comments! I will try to post pics of the 4 ceiling surround or send me a private email and I can return the pics back to you. Be Good!

Well here is the problem with setting everything at zero db. All the speakers have different sensitivities as well as distances from your ears when sitting in your listening position. So they should not all be equal. From your small picture it looks like your center is above your tv really high. If you can angle it down. Also pull your towers out even or a bit in front of your stand they will sound better. Also do you have any way to angle your back speakers down? They are really high and pointed straight. They should be much lower for proper effects or angled down that high up. You said audussey set the distances wrong...how did you do the six measurements? I do all eight of mine in a x pattern. 1st a foot left of my sweet spot, 2nd in my sweet spot, 3rd foot right of it. 4th i do a foot forward and foot right of me. 5th I do a foot forward and a foot left of me. 6th can do a bit behind you. It should be spot on on distances or damn close. If not something may be wrong with your mic. What receiver do you run? My denon seems to always think my center speaker wires are crossed when they in fact are not crossed. As long as they aren't I just skip that part. Let me know. But you definitely do not want all the levels set at zero.

First measurement should be from the MLP because that's what gives you the distance measures. The rest of the spots are just fine tuning for your room. First time I ran Audyssey it told me my center was wired backwards...turns out it was because the guys that installed everything did the wiring backwards on that channel. It's also possible that the wires are hooked up incorrectly internally. You could always try to hook the wires up the other way and see what happens. It should also be noted that RB-41s are rear ported, so putting them in those little boxes you have them in are going to seriously diminish the sound. Is there any way you can put the center channel below the TV on that stand?