Anyone tried these horns

The Dude

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these horns in a 2 way configuration with their Khorns. I have emailed Bob Crites to see what he thinks of mating any of them with the Faital HF200. I don't know how much of a upgrade this would be, I know its probably not the best either. I would all so like to know if I go with one of these horns for now, and if I wanted to wouldn't have any problems upgrading to a better horn such as Dave's Eliptrac 400 or the K402.

BMS 2236 http://www.usspeaker.com/homepage.htm

or

P.Audio PH4530 http://www.usspeaker.com/paudio%20ph-4530-1.htm

All so does anyone have a link to W.C.'s driver horn shot out.

Not sure about the P Audio PH4530, but Rudy81 has a few fascinating threads on his experiences with various horns (one being the P Audio PH 4525 on Klipschorns in the link below) and with using various active crossovers including EV DC One, Ashly Protea 4.8SP & Behringer DCX 2496.

I find Rudy's threads to be great reference material as quite a few knowledgeable people have weighed in with thoughtful advice through Rudy's troubleshooting during his journey.

I believe that Rudy still uses a PH 4525 for his center channel. Also, as a side note that you are probably already aware of, while I saw it here (I only have specific forum sections pushed at specific times to my email when I want to keep up on certain items) , I find that postings regarding various horns may get more views if in the "updates and modifications" section as some of the DIY group may primarily view that section as opposed to all sections of the forum.

P. Audio PH-4525 horn and BM-D750 (aka. K69)

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/134856.aspx?PageIndex=1

Here is an informative thread on testing the Faital Pro HF 200 on the Eliptrac 400 (note on page 8 that Rudy swaps a Faital Pro HF 200 in for the BM-D750 "K69" and runs comparisons on the P Audio PH-4525 horn).

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/144319.aspx?PageIndex=1

Yes, I still use the P Audio horn and driver for my center channel. I have not found a better combination for center channel use where dialog clarity is a must. I tried various horns and none were better for that application than what I still use.

In a nutshell, for my mains I now use Jabo horns. I discovered after my long journey that I love the sound of round horns. After I made my own round horns I decided this was the way to go. I still have the Jabo horns mated to Faital Pro HF200 drivers. The only other thing I am looking for right now is to find a pair of Oris 250 horns.

This is a shot of the center channel that has been in use for over a year. I will also post a shot of my mains, which are JC's bouble bass bins, Jabo horns and a 'passive' RSW-15. Crossover is the Ashly 4.8 Protea. Not shown in the picture, is a recent addition of a passive RSW-15 to pick up the very bottom end of the center channel. The DIY center LF box starts to roll off around 50H. The sub gives me a true 20Hz-20kHz ability....limitations of the HF200 at the very top end notwithsatnding.

post-10337-13819827353972_thumb.jpg

Rudy thanks for posting and will check out the links. I know I should have probably posted in the updates and mod section. But at least I have some stuff to get me started. Bob says its hard to tell unless you actually hook them up and try. Rudy the crossover you are using is electronic, do you bi amp with it as I wanted to stay away from that for now but if I have to I will.