CHI-TOWN Summer Horn Bash - July 27th

NOTE: My apologies for the duplicate post here (it's in the 2 Channel Forum). Thought some might not venture there and this might interest many.

Kevin Haskins (of DIYCable) and The Chicago Horn Club are getting together and throwing an end of July audio party/Bash on July 27, in Merriville, Indiana which is about 45 minutes or so outside of Chicago. It will be held at The Radisson Hotel in Star Plaza.

I just threw up a page on the affair. Of particular interest will be Dr. Bruce Edgar who will be delivering several lectures: "Design Factors for Horn Loudspeakers" and "Voigt and Klipsch"! Bruce Edgar is one of the leaders in horn design and a VERY interesting character. He is bringing slides of Klipsch designs and talking of the history.

A host of gear will be on hand including horns of all types (Tom Brennan is bringing some of his beasts). All the Consonance tube amps will be there as well. Ditto with some digital amp offerings such as the Tripath as well as a Gaincard clone. Vintage tubes will also be on hand. If anyone HERE is interested in bringing their vintage KLIPSCH horns and gear, please contact Kevin at the address on the site.

Take a look at the site link for more info:

Site link- CHI-TOWN Summer Horn Bash s>

It is an informal gathering and with the Chicago Horn Club lot, you never know what will happen! If you missed the Midwest Audiofest, this might be your other chance.

kh

------------------

Phono Linn Sondek LP-12 Valhalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

I did enjoy the Mid-West Audio Fest. I will consider this outing as well. Guess Classic Audio Reproductions have not signed up. Do hope John Wolff makes a presence, as I was rather smitten by his T-1 Projects. Great sounding and beautiful Maple Cabinets!

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 06-17-2002 at 06:55 PM