klipsch speakers with jolida

boband212

hi, being a dealer for jolida and taking trades and dabbling in vintage gear as well i have recently gotten a mcintosh 1900 receiver in real nice condition. so i hooked it up to some klipsch sf-1 speakers and gave it a listen. sounds fine, nothing special. then i did some comparing between jolida jd102 amp and the mac. the 102 blew the mac away. as with all of the jolida tube amps, and also the jolida hybrid amps. the mac sure does look impressive though. i find that klipsch speakers sound fine with tube gear, or with the right solid state gear. a vintage marantz integrated 1070 amp sounded about the best so far of anything i have tried. the old marantz gear sounds so good because then they did not use filters on the highs or lows- it just came out according to the max range of your speakers. i recommend using an amp of 50 watts or less with klipsch, even 30 or 35 is a lot with speakers having 96db or greater efficiency/sensitivity. these are just my thoughts and discoverings. i used to have a love for vintage gear, but aside from nostalgia there is nothing so special about it really. lots of knobs and switches to look at. big and bulky and heavy. american men like big and lots of knobs i suppose. it is better to buy new, or fairly new though. jolida makes a small 30wpc hybrid amp that sounds great with the klipsch speakers i have. it sounds sweet and is only 11.5" wide, 3.5" high, and about 7 or 8 inches deep. one could get it new for $400 or less. if you have to have a vintage receiver get a pioneer sx 850 or 950. those are great with real wood veneer. look nice and sound nice and tuner section is strong. other than that get something new. jolida does sound great with klipsch. check it out. take care. have a nice day.