EV 1929 in K horns?

Herc

I know the EV 1823M might be considered a midrange upgrade in K horns but has anyone used or heard EV 1829 in the k horns? They will be mated with JBL 2225H woofers wth 2416H drivers/2371 horns.Is this a good match in K horn clones?

Thanks,

Tony

The 1829 is a dual-exit driver typically used in a paging horn. What horn did you have in mind to use it with?

While Klipsch, EV and JBL all make use of the 1 3/8 -18tpi horn mount, they don't have the same internal throat diameter. Klipsch squawker horns have a 3/4" throat, while 1823M is 7/8" (I just measured them both) and JBL ought to be 1" (I don't have one handy - you can measure it yourself). You can screw driver A on horn B, but there will be discontinuities at the throat if you mix these brands.

esker- Im not sure what horns I would use with the 1829 but I am capable of making my own wood horns and might go that way.

Any suggestions on type of horn to look at with the 1829? If not that driver, any suggetions on one? I just happened to see the 1829 on ebay.thats why I mentioned that one.

Thanks

The 1829 fires out both ends. You wouldn't want it for hi fi.

What kind of horn and driver to use depends on your objectives and your room. As long as you're going custom, why not fit it to your situation.

What's your room like, and what kind of listening do you want to do? What kind of music?

esker-

the room they will be in is about 20W x 25H x25L I plan on listening to jazz and rock mostly in this room at "moderate" levels.

Ok forget the EV 1829, I have won the bidding for some EV 1823M on ebay. So the components I will have are LF-JBL 2225h,MF- EV 1823M, HF- JBL 2416H/2371 horns.

Hows that for starters?

The K55V has a throat ~0.70", the EV1829 front exit is ~1.20". The rear exit is smaller, but the phase plug is in the front. If you go to the EV site and download the info on the 1823/1828/1829 you will find that the low end on the 1829 has much lower distortion than the other two. The 1828 has a little better high end (upper midrange really).