Crown xti on Jubscala

The Dude

I know there are probably better crown models, but the price suites me better. Plus I was thinking of using one on my subwoofers if it doesn't work out. But is anyone using these models(if so which ones) on something like a Jubscala. I am not looking for the specs(for now anyways) but wondering how its hooked up. Which I have 2 question for. First question, are you using one amp per a channel such as y block I think is what Crown refers to it as. But Channel 1 input and Channel 1 output for lows and Channel 2 output for highs, am I understanding this right. Second question, can you slave out to another amp, such as using the dsp and channels one and two for the bass bin and slaving out the dsp to another amp for the horn section.

Thanks

Yes 'Y' sends a single input signal to both channels of the amp.

Crown has set up their 'System Architect' software and the amps themselves to be used biamp within one amp in this manner L/1 = LF R/2 = HF, so you are correct there. This eases cabling in the pro world since you can use a single NL4 cable and hook to a speaker stack on one side of the stage. I'm sure there are other ways to do it. The I don't think there is any way to output including the DSP, the next amp would have to have its own DSP. In this way, the XTi class is really intended to be used with amps of the same family. There is probably an XLR out, but that would be in parallel to the amp input, without the capability of using the internal DSP in conjunction with the output.

Thanks, for the clarification. Would the amp see a 4 ohm load from the Lascala bass bin, I just want to know if the xti 1000 would be enough power. I could figure the 250 watts at 8 ohms on the K-69 would be more then enough. I think I will give one of these a try.