Is this worth the upgrade??

johnangelo

I am currently enjoying my Klipsch quintet iii in my modest (12x9) dedicated home theatre/listening room. I have the opportunity to upgrade my L and R speakers with Klipsch rvx 42 and a slx-07 as a center speaker ....all for around $350.00. Question is this a significant upgrade or just a small incremental move not justifying the investment. Opinions and suggestions appreciated!! Thanks!

Johnangelo,

Welcome to the forum.

I am currently enjoying my Klipsch quintet iii in my modest (12x9) dedicated home theatre/listening room. I have the opportunity to upgrade my L and R speakers with Klipsch rvx 42 and a slx-07 as a center speaker ....all for around $350.00. Question is this a significant upgrade or just a small incremental move not justifying the investment. Opinions and suggestions appreciated!! Thanks!

When my Klipsch quest(obsession) began in 2007, it all started with the Quintet III's and an RW-10d sybwoofer. My first upgrade was (3) RVX-42's and a pair of RSX-4's. Huge improvement from the Quintet III's, even though the QIII's do pack a punch for their small size. Then in 2008 I moved up to my RF-63 towers so off to the bedroom went the RVX-42 system. They still occupy my bedroom 5.1 system where they do a jam up job with HT.

The SLX speaker may not be the best choice for center but I guess it will do. I would search for another RVX-42 but if hard to find, look for an RCX-4 instead, it will timbre match pretty good.

Bill

If i do pull the trigger on this package would you recommend using the quintet iii center speaker over the slx 7? Thanks!!

I really can't answer that question honestly. Neither are timbre matched with the RVX-42's but still worth a try.

Bill