Help! Trying to remove one of my RC-7 drivers

Kain

I removed one of the two internal driver connectors (the larger one with the red wire). The smaller one with the black wire doesn't seem to want to come off. I've tried with some force even and it still doesn't want to come off. Am I doing something wrong? How do I get it off?

The spade connectors can be tight. I don't recall locks on them so some judicious force must be used. Be sure to hold the speaker next to the connector so you don't pull something loose. Always hold a back up, be sure to pull on the connector and not the wire. Rock the connector side to side. Use needle nose pliers to grab the connector and another pair to hold the speaker at the spade lug.

Thanks.

I managed to get it off with my father's help. We used a small pair of scissors to pry loose the grip of the connector and it came off.

However, the new driver is slightly a different color/shade than the original driver. Is this something to worry about or is it normal?

Lastly, the driver that was replaced due to it buzzing at certain frequencies, actually buzzes/rattles when I tap the woofer or the rubber surrounding of the woofer. Any explaination for this? Is it actually blown or is something just loose?

Thanks.

I managed to get it off with my father's help. We used a small pair of scissors to pry loose the grip of the connector and it came off.

However, the new driver is slightly a different color/shade than the original driver. Is this something to worry about or is it normal?

Lastly, the driver that was replaced due to it buzzing at certain frequencies, actually buzzes/rattles when I tap the woofer or the rubber surrounding of the woofer. Any explaination for this? Is it actually blown or is something just loose?

Bump!

Thanks.

I don't know about the color issue. Was it an original Klipsch replacement part or a clone?

Sounds like something's just loose, may not be blown afterall. Look it over closely, it may be an easy fix.

Thanks.

I don't know about the color issue. Was it an original Klipsch replacement part or a clone?

Sounds like something's just loose, may not be blown afterall. Look it over closely, it may be an easy fix.

I am pretty sure it is genuine. Got it from here (in fact I got the last one they had): http://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/brands/klipsch-rc-7-8-speaker/

I'll take a closer look at the "blown" driver however I am not sure what exactly I need to look for. [:|]

Check the wires going from the terminals to the center of the speaker and see if they're barely touching something. Check the terminals themselves for tightness. Be sure the dust cap is secure. There's not much that can be loose and rattle on a driver, it shouldn't be too hard to find.