Paradigm DSP 3200 Sub - Gone!

jlfx64

Traded for Forte II's [:D]

Hi all, I am looking to sell or trade my Paradigm 3200 sub. This is a very nice unit that was purchased open box in late December. Nothing wrong at all and it could still pass for brand new. The reason I am looking to trade it is I have come to really enjoy the enhanced stereo mode on my NAD receiver that plays to both the front and surround speakers. This mode doesn't use the sub at all, so I'm really not using it much. I figured I would get much better use out of improved fronts or surrounds. I am currently running Quartets on the front (with Crites TI tweeters and full crossovers) and stock KG 3.5's in the back. I'm looking to replace the KG 3.5's in the system, preferrably with something from the Quartet, Forte, Chorus family. (I am willing to look at other lines as well.) I am willing to add up to $300 for the right deal. Ideally, I could find a trade locally, but I do have the original box and would be willing to ship if it came down to it. Asking price is $400 for a straight sale. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions. [:D]

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

20130223133950312.jpg

Jason,

That's a nice sub for a good price.

The reason I am looking to trade it is I have come to really enjoy the enhanced stereo mode on my NAD receiver that plays to both the front and surround speakers. This mode doesn't use the sub at all, so I'm really not using it much.

I use the "Enhanced Stereo" mode on my NAD T175HD pre/pro and T773 receiver all the time and it does incorporate the subwoofer. Can you configure yours using any channel you desire? Both my NAD pieces allow for that.

I am currently running Quartets on the front (with Crites TI tweeters and full crossovers)

Well, you really don't "need" a subwoofer with your Quartets.

Good luck with your sale.

I sent you a PM.

Bill

Huh, I just assumed it was preset from the factory. I have an Enhanced 1 & 2 with the difference being one uses the center. It never occurred to me that I could edit them! To your last point, what this exercise did show me is that I really don't need a sub. I'm sure there will be times when I will miss some things without one, but on the whole, I really like the sound better without one. That isn't a slight in the least on the sub, as it is a beast! It made one of the bookstands rattle so bad one time, I thought I had blown the speaker! Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Traded! Got some Forte II's local and I am having trouble typing from cloud 9...

Once I got them hooked up with my Quartets as surrounds, I was like this [:|] for the first hour, then this [H] for the next two! Man I love how this line sounds!