Faulty speaker?

Hi All,

I recently picked up a pair of RF-62II brand new from a dealer here in Down Under, and I think one of them is faulty! Got them home this afternoon, wired them up and before doing anything else ran the test tones through both to check that they were getting signal. Both are producing sound but one sounds completely different to the other, almost like it isn't getting a proper signal.

I have checked speaker and wire polarity, both at speaker and amp. I even swapped speaker cables over and it still makes the same noise, almost sounds like when you have it wired up the wrong way. I have even swapped the cables on the amp, reversing left/right to see if it was the channel, but no luck.

I'm pretty sure I have a dud, just wanted to be double sure before I send it back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I would check the jumper on the binding post some here have had loose ones. I'm sure if it was a dealer they will help you though. Should not be your problem to fix since new but some have had the push on conectors inside come off the speaker if you want to look but call dealer first. Rick

Thats the way it should customer service should be that way for all of us,,,,but it is not usually I noticed. Maybe they can figure it out sounds like wire off of a driver in speaker to me still. By the way my post transplant doctor is from down under to and talks so fast can't understand half what he says...lol....Rick