Fisher XP-9B Speaker System?

Rick

I picked a pair of these up today as part of a package deal. I was really only interested in the Yamaha CR-1040 receiver advertised, but the seller did not want to separate them. His father (the original purchaser) passed away a couple of months ago, and he inherited them.

In a quick search, here's what I found out about them:

• They were made from 1968-1970
  • They cost $399 per pair
  • They appear to be fairly well regarded

If anyone here is familiar with this model, or have ever heard them, I'd appreciate any help to the the following questions:

• Do the grills come off so I can check the surrounds? (I don't want to risk damaging the grill cloth which is in very good condition)
  • Are the surrounds foam?
  • Do they have much value?
  • Anyone interested in owning them? (lol, but seriously, pm me if interested and I'm not looking to make a fortune on them)

P.S. - I would consider them to be in good to very good condition for their age (somewhat dependant on surround condition). I also received the original owners manuals (1 for each speaker), and brochures for The Fisher WS-1, XP-1, and a Fisher Tube brochure. Pretty cool stuff!!

I briefly listened to them while checking out the Yamaha, and they appeared to be fully functional. I will check them out more tomorrow, but for now any input would be greatly appreciated... [H]

P.S. - I also got a Nakamichi BX-150 cassette deck in the deal. Anyone familiar with this model? I have not even hooked it up to see if it works yet, but it appears to be very well built, and looks brand new...

Great looking speakers Rick.... Excellent pickup....

Thanks Boxx... I have no use for these, but anyone interested can have them for shipping costs (they weigh 60 lbs each), plus a small fee for my time and effort (not much)... I don't know how much value these have, but I'm thinking there must be a Fisher fan here who may like to have them in his/her collection??