K-Horn Corners

I found K-horns and am picking them up next week. I've posted a link to show the corners in m livingroom where they will go. The room is not that big but has an open floor plan. The corners are about 12' apart. The room is also about 18' long. Will the K-horns over power the room? Has anyone tried K-horns in a small room with success. Would false corners be in order because I don't two full walls? Is this a mistake to put K-horns in this room. The Cornies sound great so I figure more is better? http://216.37.9.58/ubb/uploads/trader/single.jpg

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/uploads/trader/cornwalls.jpg

This message has been edited by trader on 06-24-2002 at 11:06 PM

trader, will the Klipschorns be put where the Cornwalls are pictured? K-horns should have four lineal feet available on each wall to do their thing. The four feet of wall area used is an extension of the folded horn necessary to provide the full sound. The right hand corner just looked a bit short in the photo... but it may be just fine.

You can search on the Forum for "False Corners" and you will get the plans that PWK used to build his... and more data on the wall issue. Remember, the K-horns should be sealed to the wall (or false corners) to provide the full effect.

I use K-horns, a Belle center and Cornwalls for surrounds and an Academy rear effects for my multi-channel music rig... which I mention because you already have, and love, your Cornwalls. Will you be going multi-channel or is this to be a two-channel system. PWK, of course, used a three-channel "stereo" rig to fill in the hole... but his K-horns were more than 20' apart as I recall.

In any event... you WILL enjoy! -HornED

Trader....ANY Khorns, even if in a 'constrained' environment, are better than NO Khorns! You will be able to judge for yourself whether or not you need to one day move to a larger room. But at least you HAVE Khorns TO move should you find yourself with a 'winfall' of space in the future.

Many moons ago, I was pidgeon-holed into a 1 bdrm apt in the armpit of the Bay Area, Milpitas. The 'living room' was about 10'x12', with over half the 12' expanse occupied by an 8' sliding door and the other 12' expanse opened up to the kitchen/dining area. Putting my Khorns along the 10' wall was my only option. They still sounded great. Also made for 'sweet revenge' when the tweakers upstairs would conduct what I can only describe as 2AM greased pig wrestling noises.

------------------

Ed