Nothin' great, but it's a start I suppose

The rest of my PC is in the closet, which is to the right of the HT system (by looking at the first pic).

room.jpg

room_angle.jpg

couch.jpg

sub.jpg

Klipsch Quintets (fronts/rears)

Klipsch SC-1 (center)

SVS 25-31PC

Pioneer D509s

JVC XV-300BK DVD-Player (not shown)

27" GE T.V.

I've been really itching to upgrade to the klipsch reference linecwm1.gif Problem is I don't have the money/space in this small room. Maybe once I move out Wink.gif My parnets would hate me even more if I did get the reference series anyway, so it's probably a good idea that I don't cwm1.gif

This message has been edited by Hipnotic_Tranz on 06-25-2002 at 04:22 PM

why not make your own sonosub? quite easy and cheap! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

how does all the matching work out? seems you could run intoa problem with such a powerful sub and an outspoken center with those quintets. everything sound equal for you?

better than my personal systems of promedia 5.1's Smile.gif

how's the imaging way up there hehe. that is how i had to do mine. for me the pseudo horn design really helps for that kind of placement.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

true, they are selling the 25-31CS at cost right now it seems. This summer sale is amazing. I HOPE to pick up my two SVS CS Ultras during it along with one more sub... don't know why but what a steal!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

Hipnotic_Tranz Cool system really! I wondered about the promedia stuff mixed in with the other stuff too.

And I see your in Indy too. (Same here) Welcome to Klipsch and feel free to post or to ask any questions. Most people in here are actually pretty great too!

I see your also a musucian? What influences?

Wow, didn't expect so many replies.

"Does the 25.31 deliver all you could expect from a sub its size? LOUD LOW"

Being my first HT sub, I didn't know what to get really. I had about $500 at the time and wanted the best I could get for that kinda cash. Not knowing much at the time, I just spent time at the HomeTheaterForums and got the gist that this sub is major bang for your buck.

I can tell you this much though, I can't ever see a reason upgrading this sub unless I move my HT into a much bigger room. The sub is everything I hoped for. It hits real hard and is very clean. It plays down to 25Hz with no problem and I've NEVER bottomed it out.

I find myself going to friends houses and thinking just how much I'm missing from the movie because I can't hear/feel the bass like I can at my house. I'm sure being in a tiny *** room helps though (12x9)

"how does all the matching work out? seems you could run intoa problem with such a powerful sub and an outspoken center with those quintets. everything sound equal for you?"

It's decent. I had no problems with my system at first, but recently I've noticed that hte quintets really lack when it comes to music. IT just doesn't seem to be very "full" and "alive." And when I pump them up real loud, they just seem to scream at me and they dont produce "quality" sound, IMO. But this is what ya get when you get smaller speakers. I'm pretty sure I'll have to get some better mains before I can expereience better music.

As for the imaging, again it's decent. I really had no choice other than to put them up on the wall. The rears would have sounded better f I had another place to put them, but I just don't. I might have been able to put them on stands, but there are kids that run around the house and I didn't want to take the chance. I have all the sats pointed as close to the listening position as possible so it's not all that bad. I can't complain, really. Until I get to move out of my parents house (17 now) then I really wont' be able to have a real nice HT because all the rooms in this house are small and I don't want kids playin' with my toys Wink.gif

I did use a calibration DVD + my rat-shack meter to balance out the system and that helped a ton. I seem to love bass though, because after calibrating it, I didn't have that "punch" I was used to so I went back there and pumped it up a bit more Smile.gif Either that or I'm tryin' to make up for the lackin' bass in the quintets Wink.gif

I got into HT rather quickly without really researching. Heck, I got into HT without even knowing before hand, really. I got a decent deal on the quintets and that is what got me all started really. I was originally just going to get a cheap sub w/quintets and hook it up to my PC but I figured I might as well try to blow my friends ProMedia system out of the water Wink.gif

" see your also a musician? What influences?"

My main influences are bands like Aerosmith, Zeppelin, the Stones, Pink Floyd. I've been really itchin' to play some bluesy stuff but just don't have the know-how. Eric clapton is another I really like. I like some of metallicas later songs (load/reload, S&M) but they play too damn fast for me Smile.gif

I started my lessons in the 7th grade and quit in about a year (actually my instructor got laid off and I never went back) I'm now a senior and I picked up the acoustic again about 8 months ago and have been playin' ever since. I should really get some more lessons because I feel like I've reached a point and I just can't seem to get better.

This message has been edited by Hipnotic_Tranz on 06-26-2002 at 06:34 PM