altec Lansing Santana

sasqwatch

Hey everyone,I hope this does not get me banished to the far reaches of this forum.I was in the pawn shop after work last night and bought a pair of altec Lansing Santana speakers.I was hoping somebody could guide me to some info on them.when I did a search all I came up with was eBay and old Craig's list ads. Thanks

All i can tell you is that they sounded fabulous when i heard them in the store. Used to go to this place over and over when a college student.

can't remember what they sold for, it was so much more than what i could think about at the time. did a fair amount of drooling, though.

the woofer is a different looking animal.

djk, thanks for the link. very cool.

Yes they have a black slate top ,looks like walnut veneer and a black and grey grill cloth .I ran them for about an hour with my nad still think they sound pretty nice .had to stop ,the old nad is acting up.was getting distortion out of one channel.anybody recommend someone to service vintage solid state amps?