FS: Klipsch Epic CF-3 and KV-4 (all in Black) - Local Pickup: Central Kentucky

Music Luva

I'm parting with my CF-3's and KV-4. I acquired the (consecutive numbered) CF-3's almost 2 years ago to the day. And I acquired the KV-4 about 15 months ago. All have given me great use. All are in great working order.

Klipsch Epic CF-3 (Black)

The CF-3's present well. Cosmetically, I would rate them 8 out of 10. There are no chips or dents But upon close inspection, you can notice the color is a little tired in spots. As with any of the black finish towers, there are streaks where the black has faded. In some spots, touching up was done by previous owners.

Also, at some point, a previous owner's WIFE put something round on top of them. Each has a small round footprint that is not visible unless you look at an angle. The veneer is a bit rough inside the circle but no major flaking or buckling is present. Running your hand over the area you can feel where they were placed.

The most notable defects are where the veneer was joined together. You can run your fingers along the seem and feel it, but it's not truly noticeable from listening range. None of the defects are visible until you really inspect them up close.

When you take the grills off, you can notice one of the units has bare plywood visible through the ports and one's appears grayish. Considering these are consecutive numbered speakers, it must be something that was done by a previous owner.

The grills are nice, snug and tight. It takes a bit of prying to get them off. Cosmetically and functionally, the grills are in great shape with all badging in tact and no staining.

The ports are 3" deep and 4" in diameter.

As you know, these are biampable speakers. The original bars that connect the binding posts were missing when I purchased them. I fashioned some biamp wiring connectors using Monster Cable interconnects (picture). The binding posts are tight and snug, but use care if unscrewing, they may start to unscrew from the inside. It's nothing major, just a little quirk to know.

These speakers perform flawlessly. With the grills off, the drivers and fascia mount are in great shape. No major defects and the speakers are in great condition.

The notations on the CF-3's product labels are badly faded. But I took some time and determined the Serial No's: 046593947 and 046593948.

Klipsch KV-4

I acquired this KV-4 from here. The owner kept his speakers in meticulous condition. The unit is in almost brand new condition. There are only the tiniest blemishes here and there. Nothing is visible until you get up close and even then you're surprised given the relative age of the piece. I would rate this unit 9.5 out out 10.

The KV-4's grill and badge are in fantastic shape. The grill is snug and tight and also takes some prying to get off.

The drivers are flawless and perform fantastically. They perform beautifully and pair up with the CF-3 nicely in a home theater setup.

The product label looks practically brand new. The Serial No: 226699867.

Sale Details

I am wanting $1,000 obo for all. Please do not post offers. PM me. At this time, I am not wanting to separate the speakers.

I am not offering shipping at this time. LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. Paypal or cash preferred.

Without further delay, here are the pics.

post-51377-1381985564302_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I really like the Epic series. They're in a class by themselves.

GLWS

Especially in design and listening audience. The Epics are better suited for tubes and a large deep room.

I prefer the KLFs for intensity, stage centering and overall efficiency suited for solid state gear.

I prefer hard rock, heavy metal, alternative and classic rock. Along with dual duty for home theater listening.

Based on my personal experience and listening tastes, the KLFs are like being front row to a rock concert. While the Epics are like being in the center of a theater at an Opera.